Who I am
Tolstoy Therapy is a one-woman labour of love. You can always get in contact with Lucy via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data is collected and why
Newsletter: If you sign up to receive the Tolstoy Therapy newsletter, you provide your name and email address, which are used solely for the delivery of the newsletter to your inbox. These are never shared with any “third parties.” You can always unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. I use MailerLite to send my emails, which is where your data is stored.
Communications: If you contact me via email or reply to a newsletter, I will receive your email address and any other information you choose to provide.
Analytics: I currently use Google Analytics to understand more about the most popular content on Tolstoy Therapy and what I can do more and less.
What I do with your data
I use your information solely to contact you if you have opted in to receive the newsletter, and to understand how anonymous viewers use the site in order to improve it. I don’t share your information with any third parties beyond Google Analytics and MailerLite, which I use to send emails.
Google Analytics (Google LLC)
What rights you have over your data
At any time you can unsubscribe to my emails or request for your data in MailerLite (the software I use to send emails) to be deleted.
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.